Our Promise of Cleanliness
For more than three decades, Harborside has been dedicated to providing superior hospitality. As we prepare to reopen during this challenging time, the safety and well-being of our guests and staff members remains our top priority.
Preparations are underway to begin welcoming guests back to our hotel with utmost care beginning Thursday, June 25th.
We are supplementing our hospitality standards with rigorous cleaning protocols and staff training specifically designed to keep our guests and staff safe amid COVID-19. These measures are based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other government agencies.
Below are some of the measures we are taking to ensure your safety and comfort.
Public Areas: Lobby, Reception, and Bathrooms
All public spaces will be disinfected regularly throughout each day using CDC approved disinfectants and sanitizers, with a focus on high-touch areas and surfaces, including the counter at the front desk, elevators, and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys. Complimentary hand sanitizer will be provided throughout common areas for guests and staff to use. We ask all guests and staff members to practice physical distancing (standing at least six feet apart) from each other. Additionally, we have recently installed no-touch door pulls in public area bathrooms for your convenience.
Facial masks will be required in all public areas of the hotel.
- Only occupants of the same guest room will be permitted in the elevator at the same time.
- The number of guests using our fitness facility will be capped appropriately to promote social distancing and more frequent cleaning.
- Disinfecting wipes are available and will be utilized to ensure all equipment and machinery are sanitized.
- Ice and vending machines will undergo more frequent cleaning.
- Front desk agents will practice social distancing behind the front desk, and contact barriers will be installed for guest comfort and safety.
- Guest keys and all front desk supplies will be regularly disinfected.
- Guest or employee queue lines will be demarcated for your safety and convenience.
- At this time, shuttle services will not be available to ensure the safety of guests and employees.
Housekeeping will not provide daily service to your guest room during your stay to ensure your safety. Fresh towels, sheets, and room amenities will be available upon request.
- Employees are trained to implement our updated sanitation policies includes: laundering bedspreads, pillows, and shower curtains, sanitizing drapes, carpet, and fabrics; and disinfecting all touch surfaces.
- Sanitized rooms will be marked with “Deep Cleaned” signage.
- Out of an abundance of caution, rooms will remain vacant for at least 24 hours after each deep cleaning procedure.
- Only disposable, wrapped beverage, and toothbrush cups will be available in our guest rooms.
- All guest rooms will be supplied with TV remote control covers, for added protection.
Restaurant and Bar
- Portum Restaurant and Lounge will remain closed at this time.
- While we are unable to offer our Hot American Breakfast Buffet under the current CDC guidelines, continental breakfast boxed items will be available for purchase to ensure your safety.
Meetings and Event Space
We will closely monitor and follow Prince George’s County’s, State of Maryland’s, and CDC’s recommendations for banquets and meetings. Please contact our Banquet and Catering department to address your specific needs.
- Room capacities and floor plans will be reviewed on an event-by-event basis at this time to ensure compliance with physical distancing recommendations.
- Seating in meeting rooms and at banquet tables will be spaced apart to create social distance.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at each meeting room in use. Additional dispensers will be deployed throughout the exhibit hall and other front-of-house areas.
- Entry doors will be set in an open position to reduce guest contact with hard surfaces.
- All meeting and event staff will wear facial masks and gloves.
Food and Beverage
- At this time, the Harborside Banquet Menu will not be offered. Pre-packed/boxed items are available for purchase. List of available options available through our Sales Team.
Employee Training and Safety Measures
- Employees will be extensively trained on all health and safety protocols, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), frequent hand-washing, and physical distancing guidelines.
- All employees will be temperature checked upon entry to the hotel. Employees who are feeling unwell or who reside with an individual who has been exposed to COVID-19 will not be permitted to work on our property.
- Employees will be required to wear approved facial coverings on the property.
- Signage will be posted to help remind employees of safety measures in break rooms and other areas employees frequently enter or exit.
- Guest room attendants will wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and will wash hands and change gloves between servicing each guest room.
The entire Harborside family is committed to providing a safe, welcome, and clean space for our guests.
We will continue to monitor Prince George’s County’s developments and will provide you with updates on how we are protecting our guests and team members. We appreciate your loyalty, trust, and cooperation with our health and safety initiatives.
We look forward to welcoming you.
The Harborside Family
Updated June, 22nd 2020